How can you use innovative tools and search features to find the perfect investment property for you?
Searching for the ideal investment property to begin or grow your portfolio requires the same investment of time and energy as residential property research – if not more so.
There are a range of factors to consider that could influence whether or not your investment attracts a good return in the short term, while offering potential for capital growth or further development opportunities in the long term.
Fortunately, CommercialRealEstate’s search function provides a choice of important filters to optimise your search for the perfect investment property.
Not concerned about the Australian city in which you want to make your commercial investment? That’s fine, you can start by identifying target properties by other criteria. In fact, you can use 10 key filters to help optimise your property search:
- Suburb/postcode: Start your search by entering areas of interest. You can list and obtain results for as many suburbs as you like.
- Key word: Sometimes less is more. Looking for premises that are currently used as a restaurant? Need a crane on your industrial site? No problem, simply enter your keyword.
- Property type: What sort of commercial property are you looking for? Select one or more categories from the property types provided including development/land, hotel/leisure, industrial/warehouse, international, medical/consulting, offices, parking/car space, retails, rural/commercial farming, showrooms/bulky goods, serviced offices and any other type you are researching.
- Price: CommercialRealEstate conveniently provides two methods of searching by price; a total amount or by value per square metre. Properties that have not been listed with a sale price can also be eliminated from the search results.
- Size: This function allows for a search by both building size and/or land size, including maximum and minimum parameters.
- Annual return: This is the net annual income expressed as a percentage of the total sale price.
- Sale type: Select one or more of four main sale types; standard sale, auction, expression of interest and sale by tender.
- Occupancy: Do you prefer a tenanted property or one that you can do some work on and lease at a later date?
- Parking: The amount of car parking could affect how attractive your property is to future tenants.
- Freehold or strata: Are you happy to be part of a body corporate or would you prefer to own a building outright with full control?
However, that’s not all.
To further help identify the right property, search results are displayed on an innovative interactive map. From here you can plot points of interest that may enhance a commercial property’s appeal and value such as public transport, restaurants, schools, airports and entertainment hubs. This is particularly useful if you are not familiar with the local area. You can also use planning alerts to find out if there are any new businesses opening up in the area.
Every time you use one of CommercialRealEstate’s search filters you are honing in on that ideal investment property. In just a few minutes you will have a set of optimised search results perfectly matched to your criteria.
Start your property search now at CommercialRealEstate.
Keep up with Commercial Real Estate news.