"Big Oakey" 940 Big Jacks Creek Road Willow Tree NSW 2339
- Rural / Farming
- 569.8 ha
Perfect Grazing, Perfect Homestead, Perfect Equine
"Big Oakey" is 1408 Acres / 570 Hectares of perfection with infrastructure that will take your breath away.
An opportunity has arisen to purchase this large parcel of land, conveniently located just 20 minutes to Willow Tree, 35 minutes to Quirindi, 70 minutes to Tamworth and approximately 3 hr 45 minutes to Sydney's northern suburbs.
"Big Oakey" boasts amazing, rich black chocolate soils that are what farming dreams are made of, with a carrying capacity of 250 breeders in a typical season. Cattle work is a breeze, with two sets of well-sheltered cattle yards, both with cattle crush and the main yard complete with calf cradle and holding yards. The front yards have all-weather truck access and are complimented by two grain silos with 60 tonne capacity.
The property is well-watered and richly vegetated, with a bore around 30m deep that pumps 1500 - 2000 gallons an hour and 4 stock water header tanks situated throughout the property that reticulate to 22 troughs plus 12 stock dams. Oakey Creek also runs through the property and breeders are currently feeding off home-grown oats and lucerne.
"Big Oakey" also boasts a 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom homestead, surrounded by Red Rivergum verandahs including an easterly aspect entertainment area, suitable for the largest family and friends. Built in 2004, the home also features:
- 15m saltwater lap pool, with solar heating
- Dedicated office space
- New carpet throughout
- Freshly painted inside and outside
- Three large split system air conditioners
- Large, slow combustion wood fire
- Fans in all bedrooms
- Large built-ins in each room, and walk-in-robe in main bedroom
- Well-established gardens, including fruit trees, a vegetable garden and fishpond
The home also has a newly renovated kitchen, complete with double oven, gas cook top, new dishwasher and a large walk-in pantry. Large cedar doors and window opening onto the entertaining area. The homestead is serviced both by bore water and three freshwater tanks.
Additionally, "Big Oakey" includes a well-serviced cabin at the rear of the property. This cabin sleeps five and is perfect for a weekend escape for family and friends to enjoy horse riding, four-wheel driving, motor biking, hunting or whatever they please.
"Big Oakey" is perfect for the horse enthusiast. The property includes:
- A full-size (60m x 20m) indoor arena
- A full-size (60m x 20m) outdoor arena
- Wash bays
- Farrier bay
- Tack room
- Two horse shelters
- Seven, watered horse paddocks
There is also a large powered 24m x 12m machinery shed, with concrete floor workshop and a three-bay car garage capable of fitting a three-horse float and vehicles.
• Exceptional Homestead with granny flat
• Stunning grazing property
• Usually carrying 250 breeders
• Impressive equine infrastructure
• 2 large grain silos
• 14 separate paddocks & 2 holding paddocks
• 7 watered horse paddocks with excellent fencing
• Good fencing throughout the property
• Excellent & reliable water infrastructure
• Full property solar system
• 2 sets of cattle yards
• Hunting & camping cabin that sleeps 5
|Floor Area||Ask Agent|
|Land Area||569.8 ha|
|Annual Return||Ask Agent|
|Last updated||29 Nov 2019|