2075 Walkerville Road Walkerville VIC 3956
- Rural / Farming
- 401.9 ha
- For Sale, by Expression of Interest
'Marapana' A Prominent Farming and Grazing Operation in a Spectacular Coastal Setting
Elders Rural Services Australia Limited is pleased to present for sale 'Marapana', one of South Gippsland's most prominent farming and grazing operations, dedicated to premium livestock production.
Ideally situated along the magnificent Bass Strait coast, the property adjoins the township of Walkerville, offering the pinnacle of rural living with broadscale flexible income streams, in addition to a close proximity to picturesque ocean coastline.
Regarded as one of Victoria's most productive agricultural regions, South Gippsland enjoys a favourable combination of stable climatic conditions, reliable rainfall, fertile soils and high performance pastures, which provides a strong foundation for prime production.
Set across a total area of 401.9 hectares* (993.11 acres*) the property is to be offered as a whole or as seven contingent allotments. 'Marapana' boasts expansive ocean views, a fully integrated irrigation system, heavy carrying capacity, exemplary fertiliser and pasture management, quality farming improvements, two northern facing residences, an exceptional self-sustaining sheep flock with outstanding lambing rates and an acclaimed boutique Pinot Noir producing vineyard.
The land versatility of 'Marapana' further adds to the appeal of the holding, with its unique location, layout and topography suited to a range of agricultural and/or subdivisional pursuits (STCA).
Properties of this calibre rarely present themselves to market, having been held by the one family for over 50 years. Astute investors will immediately recognise the unique characteristics that make 'Marapana' one of Victoria's finest rural holdings.
• Total land area 401.9 hectares* (993.11 acres*)
• 'Marapana' comprising seven individual allotments:
o 'Lot 1' - 41.5 hectares* (102.55 acres*)
o 'Lot 2' - 150 hectares* (370.65 acres*)
o 'Lot 3' - 6.5 hectares* (16.06 acres*)
o 'Lot 4' - 57.6 hectares* (142.33 acres*)
o 'Lot 5' - 56.1 hectares* (138.63 acres*)
o 'Lot 6' - 50.1 hectares* (123.8 acres*)
o 'Lot 7' - 40.1 hectares* (99.09 acres*)
• Comfortable 3 bedroom home, designed to captivate north facing views of the property
• 3 bedroom Manager's residence overlooking the vineyard
• Quality improvements include modern 4 stand shearing shed, two machinery sheds, stud shed, sheep and cattle yards
• Secure 1,022mm* or 41 inch* average annual rainfall
• Abundance of natural water supplied via 50* catchment dams, 55ML* irrigation dam supplying a 16 hectare* centre pivot and rainwater storage totaling over 100,000 litres*.
• Outstanding balance of productive and versatile soil profiles
• High performance perennial pastures, strong lime and fertiliser history, established in consultation with industry experts
• Excellent all-weather laneway system, good fencing and established shelterbelts throughout
• Historically carrying a premium flock of 2,000* Highlander ewes joined to Primera and Highlander rams (breeds developed by Focus Genetics, New Zealand), with 136% long term lambing average, in addition to 200* breeding cows and calves of Angus bloodlines and 20* Simmental stud cows and calves
• An acclaimed boutique Pinot Noir producing vineyard ('Walkerville Vineyard'), developed in collaboration with leading viticulturalist Ben Rose and respected winemaker Sandro Mosel
• Four acres* of award winning commercial garlic crop
• Highly versatile land ideally suited to prime lamb, cattle, wool, cropping, horticulture, viticulture and/or subdivisional pursuits (STCA), with 'Lot 1' adjoining Walkerville township
• Spectacular views of the Bass Strait and the world famous Wilsons Promontory National Park
• Adjoining Walkerville township (Proventary Views Estate), 36km* south west of Foster, 39km* south east of Inverloch, 50km* south of Leongatha, 51km* south east of Wonthaggi and just under 2 hours south east of Melbourne CBD.
'Marapana' is to be offered as whole or as seven contingent allotments, by Expressions of Interest closing Wednesday 9th December 2020 @ 4.00pm.
|Floor Area||1 m²|
|Land Area||401.9 ha|
|Annual Return||Ask Agent|
|Last updated||23 Oct 2020|