10891 Brockman Highway (MARANUP) Bridgetown WA 6255
- Rural / Farming
- 5.69 ha
- Sold, $744,000
Bridgetown Winery - Boutique Wine, Lifestyle and More
This picturesque boutique vineyard borders the banks of the Blackwood River approximately 9.3 kilometres on a scenic drive from the iconic Bridgetown Bridge.
The land consisting of just over 14 acres is meticulously maintained and predominately arable, with a section of native bushland bordering the 484 metre frontage to the Blackwood River reserve.
The vineyard is a very manageable 2 acres of 1208 vines all on dripper irrigation. The original planting of Shiraz vines was made in 2003. The vineyard now consists of approximately 50% Shiraz with the balance a mix of trendy Tempranillo, Durif, Barbera and Brown Muscat.
Excellent water supply with a large dam, fed by a winter stream, of approx 6 mega litres (estimate only), allowing for further expansion of the vineyard or alternative horticultural options. Large rainwater storage with 2 x 90,000 litre tanks suppling the home & garden and 50,000 litre and 14,000 litre tanks suppling the Winery shed.
A very comfortable 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom North orientated homestead is strategically placed to enjoy the beautiful vistas through the native bushland to the Blackwood River. With 3m wide fully paved verandas on 3 sides one can enjoy outdoor living for every occasion, enjoy a cuppa, listen to the birdlife and the river flow while taking in the scenery.
The large open plan living, dining and kitchen area brings the outdoors in with relaxing vistas and enjoys the benefits of solar passive design along with practical tiled floors, high ceilings, slow combustion wood heater and ceiling fan. The laundry and second shower/w/c room flow on from the kitchen. All of the bedrooms are spacious and carpeted with one currently used as a study divided by a centrally located bathroom with shower and w/c. Save on power bills from your own 2.3kw solar panel electric system connected to the grid and 320 litre solar hot water system with electric booster.
Other impressive infrastructure includes 4 purpose built sheds.
1. Wine Shed boasting a massive 12m x 12m with 6m verandas on two sides, fully panel insulated internal walls, roof and doors along with double glazed windows for perfect climate control. The wine shed is also fitted out with office furniture, testing facilities, power, water supply and grated drainage. The Wine Shed is also a licenced area with cellar door facilities and the current owner is registered with a Producer's Licence.
2. Pump Shed beside the dam containing the filter for the submerged irrigation pump in the dam. Power and water are connected.
3. Tractor shed with lean-to for attachments and trailers.
4. Workshop Shed/Garage, a large 12m x 7m with power and water, is handy to the main homestead for vehicles and the handy person to tinker.
The property/winery comes on a walk in walk out basis sale with a full asset inventory list available on request. Wine stock is offered separately at agreed valuation. This property offers a very complete canvas for the astute buyer where every little detail has been thoroughly thought out, instigated and maintained with pride by the current owners.
The Blackwood Valley and the Southern Forests Region offers lifestyle and business opportunities second to none with amenities, tourist attractions and a central location to other major South West regional centres - here is your chance to make that tree change you have been dreaming about.
- Commercial loan calculator
Commercial Real Estate & Valiant have pulled some useful resources to help you on your journey. Kick things off with our commercial loan calculator to see estimated repayments.
Valiant can help you find the best loan for your business. Request a call back to speak with one of their experts or compare available commercial loans.