154 Hendersons Road, Strathmerton VIC 3641
- Rural / Farming
- 386.9 ha
- For sale, by Expression of Interest
Elders is pleased to present for sale Kilmarnock, one of Victoria's most advanced dairy aggregations, highly regarded for its operational automation and productivity.
Situated in the Goulburn Valley region, renowned as the "Food Bowl of Australia", Kilmarnock offers a unique opportunity to acquire a property of significance with scope for further expansion. Set across 387.06 hectares* (956.45 acres*), the property boasts state of the art automated dairy improvements designed to minimize labor input and maximize milking efficiencies, highly productive soil types, strategically designed flood and lateral irrigation layout and heavy carrying capacity, making this holding ideally suited for dairy production.
Assets of this calibre and productivity rarely present themselves to market, with astute investors immediately recognising the unique characteristics that makes Kilmarnock an outstanding opportunity.
• Total land area: 387.06 hectares* (956.45 acres*)
• Free stall barn (100m* x 46m*) - 400 cow* capacity incorporating 6 DeLaval robotic milkers, fully automated DeLaval VMS system inclusive of drafting, heat detection, ID feed and flood wash systems, further equipped with bedding, 60KW (240 panel) solar power system, insulated dairy shed for allied DeLaval equipment and an adjoining 400 cow* feed pad laid out for dairy or feedlot expansion
• 30 cow Herringbone swing over dairy (400 cow* capacity) featuring automated cup removers, auto feed system and adjoining undercover treatment facility
• Calf shed (50m* x 20m*), featuring 4 automated DeLaval calf feeders (200 head* capacity)
• Quality building and working infrastructure including three dwellings, machinery sheds/workshops, fodder storage (including 290 tonnes* of grain and pellet storage with roller mill) and manure separator (producing 18t/ha* of compost per annum)
• 320.56 hectares* laser levelled flood irrigation plus 56.5 hectares* under lateral irrigation
• Water secured by 178.1ML GMW entitlements (low reliability), 2 stock and domestic deep lead bores with 153ML licence, 196ML shallow bore licence, high flow pumping diversion permit in addition to storage dams with total capacity of 350ML*
• Highly productive Moira and Boosey loam soils with outstanding fertiliser, lime and gypsum history
• Ideally suited to further dairy expansion or feed lotting opportunities
• Strategically positioned within proximity to leading milk processing facilities
• Located 17km* north of Numurkah, 50km* north of Shepparton and 243km* north of Melbourne CBD.
The aggregation is to be offered as a whole or in two contiguous parcels being 'North Kilmarnock' 258.98 hectares* (639.95 acres*) and 'South Kilmarnock' 128.08 hectares* (316.49 acres*).
Kilmarnock is available on a "walk in walk out basis", including available livestock, plant and equipment, feed on hand and consumables and is being offered for sale by Expression of Interest closing Thursday 2nd May 2019 at 4pm (AEST).
A fully detailed Information Memorandum will be made available upon request.
|Floor Area||Ask Agent|
|Land Area||386.9 ha|
|Annual Return||Ask Agent|
|Last updated||22 Mar 2019|