Import, Export & Wholesale business for sale in Sydney
- Import, Export & Wholesale
- Sydney NSW 2000
- $395,000 (excl. GST)
Import and Wholesale Business Glass products
An opportunity exists to acquire a well-established glass wholesaler in St Peters, in Sydney's Inner West.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a potential buyer to purchase a long-standing small business with an excellent reputation and broad client base.
The business is located in an industrial site, in St Peter's, Sydney's busy inner-west. Provides 2mm picture framing glass, textured glass and acrylic products to glaziers and picture framers. The business offers a complete service to clients, including cutting to size and can also supply directly to end-users, although these are only a small part of the client base. Product is imported from Indonesia and China by the container-load, with the business receiving around 17 containers a year.
The premises consist of a warehouse that is approx. 330 sqm in size with an additional 80 sqm mezzanine storage level. The warehouse has space for storage of stock, and business vehicles and also contains an office and amenities.
The business has a broad client base with around 280 active clients at any given time. There are excellent levels of repeat business due to its longevity and the maintenance of these relationships. Run by a single owner, the business has a consistent financial track history and good supplier relationships and there is excellent potential to broaden its reach further and to offer more finished/processed glass product to customers.
This sale represents an excellent opportunity for a trade-minded individual who is looking to run their own small business as a hands-on owner-operator. There are good opportunities for growth with a marketing strategy, an updated website and larger online footprint.
The business could easily diversify into new areas and there is space in the premises for additional stock and equipment. Premises are owned by the current owner and will be offered at market rates on a leasehold basis.
STAFFING & SKILLS
This is a simple business to operate with a single owner running the business full-time.
This is an ideal business for a anyone who is interested in moving into this industry or who is looking for a unique and reliable business that they feel they have the skills to work in. This business needs a hands on owner who understands small business and can get involved in all aspects dealing with customers and suppliers, business administration, cutting glass, managing inventory, cleaning, marketing the business and so forth.
The current owner has made it easy for buyers a handover and training will be provided and all the business information including forward orders, customer information and so forth is in QuickBooks. No specialised training or qualifications required to run the business.
This is a profitable business with a long and consistent financial track record. There are multiple opportunities for new owners to explore further. These include :
- Further leveraging of the client base to produce and send regular marketing and promotional materials to customers. This would assist in keeping the business top-of-mind and would allow the business to communicate specials and new products to customers, both active and lapsed.
- Expansion of the business's reach by targeted SEO of the website and other marketing activities such as direct mail outs or print advertising to expand the client base further.
- Expansion of services into offering more glass products. There are ample opportunities for the business to expand the products it imports and the business has the relationships to offer more processed glass products, which are only an ad-hoc offering at present.
- In addition, given the storage space that the business has on-site, there is an opportunity to offer other peripheral products, related to its glass offerings. Given the business supplies to picture framing businesses, there may be an opportunity to offer other products related to this such as supplies for the frames and mounts.
The current owner is looking to retire and is happy to supply a handover with training to the purchaser. In addition, the owner would consider a longer term arrangement and could work part time in the business as a paid employee if this is useful to the buyer.
For more information on this opportunity, please contact the undersigned:
Allbiz Deal Room
T: 1800 858 696
For more details go to https://drive.allbizdealroom.com and complete our online confidentiality agreement. Use the reference ID 826988 to search for the business.
Due to the confidential nature of the sale, images used may be stock images and not representative of the business for sale. Total earnings, EBIT or EBITDA, includes add backs relevant to the current owners. Add backs may include, owner's salaries, directors benefits, personal expenses, non-recurring expenses, one-off expenses, capital costs, depreciation and generally any costs relevant to the current owners.