O'Connell Road Bathurst NSW 2795
- Rural / Farming
- 466.2 ha
- For sale, Contact Agent for Details
"Macquarie" - BATHURST 1152 ACRES - NEW AUCTION DATE 30th August 2019
WHAT MAKES MACQUARIE' SO SPECIAL?
Special properties don't come up for sale often - in the case of Macquarie', with only 3 owners in over 200 years of settlement, this is especially the case.
Macquarie' has genuine presence, offering the following features that set it apart:
- HISTORY - as reward for his part in finding a route across the previously impenetrable Blue Mountains in 1813, William Lawson chose this land in the picturesque and fertile Fish River valley - noting it as the finest land in the district. He had cattle on the property by 1815 and a homestead built by 1824
- SCALE - in an area where property sizes tend to be reducing in size, Macquarie', at over 1150 acres is a significant holding with scope for many agricultural pursuits. Few properties in this area could offer such a large area of river flats with irrigation potential
- PRODUCTIVITY - with 400 acres of fertile alluvial river flats, it is easy to see why Lawson chose this site. The remaining land is all cleared, open, arable and gently undulating - suitable for farming or grazing
-IRRIGATION -140 megalitre irrigation licence from the long Fish River frontage.
- LOCATION - these days, Lawsons original property Macquarie' is Ideally located just minutes from the progressive regional city of Bathurst and approx 2½ hours drive from Sydney.
- HOMESTEAD - Macquarie homestead is a unique example of early colonial Georgian architecture. Completed in 1824 and with the property having only 3 owners in 200 years, the character and lines of the original are still very much evident today. The sprawling 27 room homestead has 2 wings framing a rear courtyard and has been extensively restored with new electrics, plumbing, kitchen and bathrooms.
- FURTHER IMPROVEMENTS - adjacent to the main house are the original 2 story convict barracks, also fully restored and offering many potential uses. The original shearers quarters are now a comfortable 3 bedroom cottage and there is a further 1 bedroom workers cottage with new bathroom and kitchen. Working improvements include a 3 stand woolshed, large hay/machinery shed, separate sheep and cattle yards plus sundry other buildings.
- WATER - Over 4.2 km frontage to the Fish River. House water is supplied from rainwater tanks with garden and stock water supplied from the river, bore and stock dams.
MACQUARIE AUCTION POSTPONED. Contact Agent for details.
REMARKS: Macquarie offers discerning buyers a rare opportunity to purchase a productive working property as well as a unique part of Australia's early history. Stocked with cattle by 1815, Macquarie' is the first farm over the Blue Mountains and the homestead is believed to be oldest residence as well. As would be expected if given the first choice of land over the mountains, it is superbly positioned with the homestead enjoying a commanding outlook to the north over the Fish River valley.
If you are looking for a very special property with river frontage, irrigation, scale and a superb location, your inspection is highly recommended. The owners have genuine reasons for selling and want a result on auction day if not sooner.
INSPECTIONS: By appointment.
0427 663 240
0438 361 109
|Floor Area||Ask Agent|
|Land Area||466.2 ha|
|Annual Return||Ask Agent|
|Virtual Tour||View Tour|
|Last updated||3 Sep 2019|