Ceridale Hearnes Road Murrumbateman NSW 2582
- Rural / Farming
- 146 ha
- For Sale, $1,850,000 (GST na)
PRODUCTIVE GRAZING PROPERTY
- Views over Brickys creek and countryside
- Four-bedroom brick veneer homestead
- Numerous working improvements
CBRE Agribusiness is pleased to present for sale Ceridale, a high-quality landholding spanning 146* hectares (361* acres) situated 55* kilometres from Canberra CBD.
Ceridale represents an opportunity to purchase a property suited to a range of grazing and cropping enterprises in the renowned Murrumbateman region within a commutable distance to Canberra.
Circa 1970 four-bedroom, brick veneer Homestead, located on an elevated position with views over Brickys Creek and the countryside, features of the Homestead include:
- Master bedroom with walk in dressing area plus a three-door inbuilt robe.
- Main bedroom with ensuite and built in robe.
- Third bedroom with built in robe plus study area.
- Fourth bedroom with built in robe.
- Family bathroom plus separate toilet.
- Original galley kitchen with Saint George cooker.
- Family room with access to the outside entertaining area.
- North facing lounge room with slow-combustion wood fire.
- Laundry and mud room with built in storage cupboards.
- Covered rear veranda.
- Established, easy care yard with a mix of deciduous trees.
- New Colorbond carport and feature stone retaining walls.
Shearing Shed - Original circa 1800 mud cottage converted into shearing with storage rooms. Sheep and cattle yards attached with crush and loading ramp.
Machinery Shed Open shed with covered holding area seven* metres wide, 17* metres deep, three* metres high.
Machinery Shed - Open on one side, seven* metres wide, seven* metres deep, six* metres high.
Workshop Four* metres wide, five* metres deep, three* metres high.
Chicken shed and large fox proof enclosed free-range yard.
The property is predominantly cleared, many areas have been double fenced and timber shelter belts planted, composed of poplars, chestnut, yellow box and blakelys red gum which provide shade and shelter for livestock.
Productive native and improved pastures include microlaena spp (weeping grass), red grass and annual rye grass combined with sub-clover. The whole property has been regularly fertiliser, pasture improved and undersown with winter oats in 2019.
Approximately 500 merino ewes are shorn each year, the vendor estimates a sustainable carrying capacity of up (2.22* DSE per hectare).
Rainwater for domestic purposes is collected and stored in two tanks connected to the homestead and improvements which have a collective total storage capacity of 25,000* litres. Livestock water is secured via single frontage to Bricky Creek, nine strategically placed dams and several troughs. A mono pump on a dam pumps water to a header tank at the yards. The property is located nine* linear kilometres from the Barton Highway and is accessed via the council-maintained, all-weather Long Rail Gully Road and Gums Lane. The property is conveniently located to the following centres:
Canberra CBD 55- linear kilometres (all major services and amenities).
Canberra Airport 68* linear kilometres.
Murrumbateman 10* linear kilometres (primary school, health services, fuel, general store, tavern, hotel, motel and the well-known cool climate wineries).
Yass 12* linear kilometres (all required services and amenities).
|Floor Area||Ask Agent|
|Land Area||146 ha|
|Building Type||Whole building|
|Annual Return||Ask Agent|
|Last updated||3 Feb 2020|