"Binnaway Abattoir", BINNAWAY NSW 2395
Please contact agent
- PROPERTY DETAILS
- BUILDING DETAILS
Now you can view details about this building.
Click this tab to view!
- Rural / Farming
- Floor area:
- 0 x Onsite parking
- Return (PA):
- Land area:
- Energy Efficiency Rating:
- NABERS energy rating
- Property ID:
- Virtual Tour:
- View Tour
- 7 Nov 2016
Binnaway Abattoir & Land
The Binnaway Abattoir is located between Binnaway and Coonabarabran in the Central West of NSW and is strategically positioned in the heart of major beef and sheep producers. The abattoir offers the opportunity for custom processing or a vertically integrated operation under the export licence or domestic capacity.
The abattoir was purchased by Crown State in late 2014 and undertook a number of upgrades and modifications, transforming the domestic plant to an export-accredited processing plant in December 2015. Crown State has been exporting beef and sheep to the Middle East and SE Asia since re-opening in late 2015.
The Binnaway abattoir has been a major employer of the community which has had a long history of servicing local butchers and independent suppliers with the recent addition of exporting.
The abattoir in the past was a domestic operation only, which included the slaughter of beef, sheep, goat and pig. Under the Tier 1 licence the abattoir is currently functional for sheep and goat. The abattoir will require modifications to accommodate beef on a permanent scale.
Please note that the abattoir is currently not in operation and some licenses will need to be re-instated.
Features of the sale include:
• 90 Megalitre Water license (65ML Castlereagh River & 25ML bore)
• Was Tier 1 Export license and Halal certification for sheep & goat
• AUS-MEAT accreditation establishment number 388 for Ovine (sheep & goat)
• Proposed plans for new boning room, tripe processing area & blast freezer
• Was licenced for Slaughter 30,000 T processed | Rendering 4,000 T produced
• The land is Zoned RU1 and on the banks of the Castlereagh River
• Capacity 800 small stock (sheep & goats) or 100 cattle per day
• Water and management plans | Environment Protection Licence (EPL:60132)
• Approx. 113 acres of land with separate titles for the abattoir & re-use farm
• State of the art video surveillance throughout the facility for security & safety
• Industry leading meat & processing software was used when in operation.
1 Bligh street, SydneyGrade A
Building AmenitiesAvg. rent (net):$800 - $1000Avg. outgoings:$162Vacancy rate:13.5%Data from Colliers Edge.For information click hereMajor TenantsNabers energyAdditional information
"Binnaway Abattoir" BINNAWAY