ATHERTON QLD 4883
- PROPERTY DETAILS
- BUILDING DETAILS
Now you can view details about this building.
Click this tab to view!
- Rural / Farming
- Floor area:
- Return (PA):
- Land area:
- Energy Efficiency Rating:
- NABERS energy rating
- Property ID:
- Virtual Tour:
- View Tour
- 9 Nov 2016
UNIQUE EQUESTRIAN FACILITY WITH BUSINESS APPROVAL
A unique equestrian facility, featuring the only private indoor riding arena on the Southern Tablelands, has come on the market and is ready for your inspection. The owner, local Tablelands identity, Christine Doan, opened the facility in 1987. It was abuzz with dressage activity for the next 20 years. It was also a centre for excellence, attracting domestic and international experts in dressage, natural and alternative equine therapies, and even natural horsemanship. Christine launched her Olympic quest from the property and rode for Australia in the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
The centre is waiting for the right buyer to bring it back to international attention or to become the beautiful refuge of a true horse lover who wants to live in unique high tropical surroundings with both privacy and proximity to town.
Nestled in the Carrington Road valley and rising to a hillside giving stunning rain forested views, this property gives scope for building the house of your dreams with the equestrian infrastructure already at hand. Alternatively, the equine-centred lifestyle/business opportunity is ready for you to move in, complete bar the internal fences.
Christine?s forced retirement from her riding career through back injuries and her mother?s illness, finally saw the winding down of the high level of activity about a decade ago. She has reluctantly decided to put this premium property on the market, opening up an opportunity for a local or southern rider/trainer from any discipline to again turn this centre into a hive of horsey activity.
- Site Area 13.54ha (33.4 acres)
- Zoning ? Rural Residential
- Services ? power, reticulated town water, Fixed wireless NBN/phone, Septic tank
- There is State Forest on the north western, south western and part of the south eastern boundaries.
- Topography ? approximately 5 hectares of the front is near level, cleared and grassed and then rises to a low hill on the south eastern boundary. The un-tracked hill section of approximately 8 hectares is timbered (remnant revegetation)
- Carrington Road is an established, well regarded rural residential precinct generally developed to average and above average quality dwellings
- Distance to Atherton and retailing/schools/hospital/professional services - 6kms
- Circa 1990?s sound low set dwelling with a main floor area of 131m2 and patio of 39m2
- 4 bedrooms, master bedroom ensuite, kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom with bath, separate toilet, laundry, entry hall
Covered Horse Riding Arena
- 60 x 20 metre fully enclosed arena
- 40 x 20 metres of the total arena area is covered by a roof
- The 1987 steel shed structure was custom-engineered for the purpose and construction comprises steel portal frame, Z purlins and trim deck roofing
- The arena is enclosed with walls approximately 1.8 metre high constructed of rubber matting on steel frame/supports
- Open Outdoor Riding Horse Arena
- There is an approximately 70 x 30 metre open space unfenced riding arena adjacent to the covered horse riding arena
Block of 4 Stables
- Total floor area of 74m2 with earth floor, steel frame, colour bond roof and wall cladding. Incorporates four horse stables with water connected to each
- Large Shed with Horse Stalls -
- The shed has a floor area of approximately 295m2 with round timber posts, timber roof frame and CGI Roofing.
- The shed incorporates four horse stalls, two horse treatment areas of timber and steel and the balance is utilised for storage and vehicles.
- Enclosed 15 metre wide round yard with rubber lined walls
Other Site Improvements
- The property currently has a Development Application lodged with the Tablelands Regional Council for subdivision into 14 acreage lots. Once approval has been negotiated and received from TRC it will be in place for 4 years, with an option to approach council to extend.
- There are 6 horse paddocks of varying sizes, most of the inner fences are in a degraded condition and will need replacement.
- There are three, two bay horse shelters within the paddocks, each approximately 22m2.
- The rear and sides of the property are fenced with a barbed wire fence in a generally good state of repair.
- There is an existing approval from the Tablelands Regional Council to run an equestrian business from the site, with a maximum of 15 horses permitted.
For further information or to arrange an inspection, please contact Sally Teitzel @ Mareeba Property Office.
1 Bligh street, SydneyGrade A
Building AmenitiesAvg. rent (net):$800 - $1000Avg. outgoings:$162Vacancy rate:13.5%Data from Colliers Edge.For information click hereMajor TenantsNabers energyAdditional information