67 Seaforth Rd, Jarvisfield, AYR QLD 4807
- PROPERTY DETAILS
- Rural / Farming
- Floor area:
- Return (PA):
- Land area:
- Energy Efficiency Rating:
- NABERS energy rating
- Property ID:
- Virtual Tour:
- View Tour
- 2 Mar 2017
Black Gold Farms Cattle & Cane
The Burdekin has long been regarded as one of the most productive agricultural districts in Australia. In recent years harsh climatic conditions and water shortages in other parts of the country have further highlighted the region"s strengths. Even in the face of Australia"s worst drought in living memory, the mighty Burdekin remain resilient and prosperous. The reason of this can be summed up in one word water.
The Burdekin is built on "liquid gold", the name given to the regions massive water supply. That water supply includes a huge underground aquifer, the vast Burdekin and delta watercourses and the mighty Burdekin Falls Dam, which holds four times more water than the Sydney Harbour. The Burdekin"s abundant, all year round supply of good-quality water as the regions number one asset. The districts rich supply of irrigation water combines with about 300 days of sunshine a year and fertile, well-drained soils, to make the Burdekin the most productive sugar cane growing area in Australia.
About 80,000 ha of land in the Burdekin is dedicated to sugar cane. Burdekin farmers produce an average of 120 tonnes of cane per hectare - well above the national average of 80 tonnes per hectare. The Burdekin also boasts strong fruit, vegetable, beef and aquaculture industries. The agricultural areas of the Burdekin region are predominately made up of high-quality delta (60 000ha) and leave
soils (25,000 ha) which range from sandy loam to clay and are generally well drained.
This property represents an opportunity to secure a quality property in a much sought after developing area. This property has potential to grow a variety of crops such as sweet corn, maize, sorghum, lucerne, beans, melons, capsicum and cotton any crop you desire. The sheer volume of water availability and the flexibility of this property create an outstanding investment opportunity, with the very best infrastructure and above average producer.
Inspections are highly recommended.
718 ha 1774.2 acres 8 titles freehold. These properties can be purchased as a whole or in separate parcels.
Approx. 520 acres
This property comes with open water and underground, continuous water from the Burdekin dam via north Burdekin water board. 1900 ml of water allocation plus unlimited wetland water. The property has a total of 13 pumps.
- 8" electric open water
- 6" pto driven open water
- 8" electric 2 x 6" spears plus 6" open water
- 8" electric 6" spear plus 6" open water
- 6" pto driven 2 x 6 spears plus 4" open water
- 6" electric 6" open water
- 2 x 6" electric 2 x 6" spears plus 4" open water
- 6" electric 2 x 6" spears plus 4" open water
- 7" electric open water
- 8" diesel 2 x 6" spears plus 6" open water
- 6" electric 2 x 6" spears plus 4" open water
- 8" pto driven open water
The property has 15" underground pipelines
The property has 2 large machinery sheds with 3 phase power and water
Large homestead with 3 bedroom and study office with wrap around veranda, plus workers quarters with 3 bedrooms with room underneath.
- JD 8100 2wd with dual wheels
- MF 168 2wd
- MF 165 2wd
- Cat backhoe 2wd
- Kato 30 tonne excavator
- International twin steer truck
- Ford cargo cat motor 12 tonne rales
Implements & Machinery:
- New holland 851 auto rap-round bailer
- Case international 8330 cutter conditioner
- Round finger rake
- New holland hay rake
- 6m Lely roterra 600.55 power harrow
- JD 40 plate x 28" disc manual offset disc harrows
- 130" Rotary hoe
- 1h 32 plate offset disc harrows
- 2 row fertilizer applicator 3pt linkage
- 4 row fertilizer applicator
- 4 row cultivator
- 3 row hill up boards
- 3 row disc cultivator with fertilizer box
- Heavy duty 3 pt linkage 9 tyne ripper
- Plastic roll up machine with carrier
- 1 tonne bag lifter
- 2 x 4 wheel flat tray 3 tonne army trailers
- 6ft slasher
- 10 yard scoop with spectra physics laser
- Hardi ivk 800 deluxe 1600L spray tank
- 3 point linkage fertilizer spreader
- Post driver 3 point linkage
This property has produced up to 22,000 tonnes of cane, due to corn, soya bean and sorghum crops that have been in production for the past few years, it is currently growing approx 20,000 tonnes.
The property is currently holding approx 240 head of wagyu cattle, but is capable of holding 400 - 500 head. Fencing is all in good order.
The cattle yards are in excellent condition carrying approx 500 head with vet crush, weigh platform with buffalo fly catcher, 5 gate round sorting yard, 2 loading ramps, the yards has water troughs with excellent tree shade.
Average rainfall approximately 35 to 40 inches
For further information, please contact the selling agent.
Disclaimer: The vendors and/or their agents do not give any warranty as to errors or omissions, if any, in these particulars , which they believe to be accurate when compiled. Prospective purchases should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of the particulars.
- Property Type: Livestock
67 Seaforth Rd, Jarvisfield AYR