5620 Melba Highway Yea VIC 3717
- Rural / Farming
- 430 ha
- For Sale, by Expression of Interest
Elders Rural Services Australia Limited is pleased to present for sale 'Murrindindi Station', one of Victoria's most historic landmark estates, widely regarded for its Victorian-era homestead, unique dual river frontage and prime agricultural land.
Ideally located 12km* south of Yea in North East Victoria, 'Murrindindi Station' occupies a highly versatile 430 hectares* (1,064 acres*, including river lease) of land enjoying dual river frontage to the Yea and Murrindindi Rivers. The property exhibits rich Australian colonial history, featuring a circa. 1848 homestead, renovated staff quarters and guest residences, original structural improvements, an abundance of natural water supply and picturesque views of the surrounding valley vistas.
'Murrindindi Station' presents a unique opportunity to acquire one of the most significant historic rural holdings in Victoria.
- Total land area: 430 hectares* - 1,064 acres* (including river lease) in 9 certificates of title
- First settled in 1837 by Peter Snodgrass, a renowned pastoralist and politician, 'Murrindindi Station' was one of the first established pastoral runs in the area
- Iconic historical six-bedroom homestead representing the vernacular of Pre-separation Colonial architecture set within an enviable parklike garden setting
- Recently renovated, open plan staff quarters and guest residences
- Original (c.1848) stone stables, machinery and wool/shearing sheds
- Cattle yards with roof over working areas
- Heavy carrying alluvial river flats to gently undulating hills, comprising a parklike landscape featuring mature trees including river redgums approximately 400-500 years old
- Abundant natural water supply via the Yea River (8km* of frontage including pre-emptive title) and 2km* of frontage to the Murrindindi River
- Improved pastures and outstanding fertiliser history
- Excellent standard of fencing incorporating a centralised laneway system
- Highly versatile land ideally suited to a range of agricultural pursuits including cattle, prime lamb, wool, viticulture and equine
- Reliable 843mm (33 inches*) average annual rainfall
- Ideally located 12km* from Yea, 41km* from Alexandra and 102km* from Melbourne CBD.
To be sold by Expression of Interest closing 3rd December 2021, 4pm
A comprehensive Information Memorandum is available upon request
* denotes approximately