42-46 Bruce Terrace Cummins SA 5631
- Shop & Retail
- 1,000 m²
- For Sale, $3,600,000 + Stock
Premium Flour & Stockfeed Manufacturers
FOR SALE AS A GOING CONCERN - A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
• Cummins Milling is one of the oldest operating flour mills in Australia. A family-owned mill, it is the only producer in Australia to have both flour and stockfeed production co-located, giving it both environmental and operational advantages. The Principal of the business, Bill Butterfield is keen to wind down and seek retirement, the Cummins Mill represents an excellent opportunity for new owners to continue the legacy of the present owners and continue to develop and expand the processing and manufacturing facility as well as seek and deliver the premium products into potential new markets. The Cummins Mill is the only Australian Mill to fortify flour through a batch mixing process, so their ingredients are thoroughly mixed with no variations between bags.
• Together with the broader region of Eyre Peninsula, the region can produce cereal grains of the highest quality, ideal for producing some of the best flour and stockfeeds in the world.
• Using locally grown Eyre Peninsula grains, production of quality product has always ensured the respect of its customer base.
• Since the present owners have owned the business, they have invested well in excess of $1M on infrastructure, plant, solar, storage and staff facilities.
• The business has its own website www.cumminsmill.com.au and utilises various social media platforms as well as traditional print and television avenues to promote the product.
• The Mill has a grain storage capacity of approximately 2,000 tonnes. It has 18 individual silos to enable segregated storage capacity for a range of different commodity grains and legumes. This also enables the capability to purchase and segregate "off specs" grains and take advantage of advantageous pricing.
• Grain is received through a grid and elevator system and utilises portable augers to fill.
• The operations are supported by a new administration building comprising offices, customer service area, boardroom, and amenities. There are various sheds and buildings that house all the components of the business and operations to provide an integrated facility.
• The facility has a significant shed specifically for dispatch and storage, which has been designed to offer a drive through facility for transport and retail customers allowing full exposure of the variety of premium products produced at Cummins Mill.
• The Mill has it's own private Registered weighbridge for weighing incoming product and is the only public weigh-bridge in the area. This produces an additional income from external sources.
• The facility complies with all Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
Plant and Equipment
The extensive plant and equipment is being continually upgraded and developed as capital and time is available. The flour mill and stockfeed mill, being vital components, in particular undergo regular maintenance to ensure ongoing trouble free operations and utilise local trades people for immediate service where possible. A full plant and equipment list can be provided when required.
• The current owners are a farming family, only the third family in 90 years to own and operate the business. The business operates with up to ten employees depending on the seasons. The Principal of the business manages the Operations and his staff include an Office Manager, Operations Manager, two supervisors (one in the Mill, another in the warehouse), two manufacturing staff, an external salesperson and two casual part time staff. The existing staff are loyal and reliable.