Home & Garden business for sale in Julatten
- Home & Garden
- 9 Meadow Rd Julatten QLD 4871
- Under Offer
Well Known Nursery Business, Selling Freehold With Residence On 6.5 Acres
Phone enquiries - please quote property ID 17660.
This is an excellent opportunity to purchase a well-established and well known Nursery Business situated in Julatten 25 minutes from Port Douglas. The owner is selling FREEHOLD including the business, the infrastructure, the stock, the residence and the land. There is a lot of value in the infrastructure.
Established in 1994 the nursery specializes in tropical food plants, mainly tropical fruit trees and spice plants plants. There are over 100 species of plants for sale and hundreds more species around the grounds for use as stock plants. There is an extensive orchard and a vegetable garden. Since the covid out break sales are way up like for most nursery's in Australia as people are spending more time in the garden.
The business has a good retail and wholesale presence with plenty of room to expand. The infrastructure is excellent. There is around 3 km of irrigation pipes across the whole 6.5 acres with ample taps everywhere and a large area under automatic irrigation Electricity bills are kept to a minimum with solar panels powering the pumps from excellent bore water. In fact, a business other than your own labor has minimal overheads.
Additional infrastructure and inclusions:
- Large 35m2 steel galvanized shed with concrete base currently used for germinating seeds
- Open shade housing covering approximately 300m2
- Fully sealed shade house that is animal and insect-proof (120m2)
- Small pump house with storage for irrigation parts (plenty of spare irrigation parts also included in sale price).
- Well surfaced paths throughout the nursery and land
- 3kw solar system (12 panels) very minimal power bills and no water bills
- There is a lot of stock also included.
- Established website and domain name. The owner is happy to adjust the website if required
- Additional miscellaneous equipment
Stock is included in the price including all established plants, all potted plants , seedlings, potting mix, spare parts and more!
The land size is 2.14ha (6.5 acres) all on one title (Rural/Residential). It is beautifully landscaped and cleared with botanical garden-like surrounds. The grounds have hosted many garden clubs and the business has supplied several botanic gardens with plants including the Sydney botanic gardens. It has been extremely well maintained offering new owners the opportunity to expand or simply maintain. The land is partially fenced and situated on a gentle slope with good water drainage.
- Large 2 bedroom house which is 17 years old and extremely well built.
- Single car garage
- Wrap around verandas
- Screened throughout with split system AC in the main bedroom
- Private and quiet
- NBN installed
FUTURE POTENTIAL: -
* 2nd Dwelling or possible B&B residence/s could be built (council approval would be required) for those wishing to consider setting up a B&B. The outlook, location and setting is perfect for it.
* The current website is quite a simple one and could easily be improved with on-line ordering (as ordering is currently via mail/courier).
* Large areas of cleared land for further planting of whatever plants you like
* Julatten is a well-known tourist location for garden and bird lovers, plus the nursery itself is a popular destination.
* Plenty of established fruit trees and room for more
* Selling cut flowers from the 1000's of Bromeliads and heliconia's
* Growing a crop for sale... with the unique climate there are lots of possibilities
Situated 1KM off the main road the house is quiet and peaceful. The land is very close to world heritage rain forest and there is lots of wildlife particularly birds. Julatten has an excellent climate year round with beautiful days and fresh mountain air. Being close to Port Douglas and Mossman it is not far from supermarkets and the beach but not hot like the coast. The nights are cool year round.