Food, Beverage & Hospitality business for sale in Mossman
- Food, Beverage & Hospitality
- Mossman QLD 4873
- $285,000 (GST na)
Successful bakery established 17 years
Award winning, independent bakery for sale in tropical paradise. Mossman Bakery has been established for 17 years and features a joint retail shop in the main street and a wholesale bakery delivering bread to more than 30 local resorts, cruise boats and cafes.
The retail shop sells products all made from scratch including sour dough, bread loaves, rolls, fruit buns, gourmet pies, pasties, sausage rolls, quiches, slices, fruit pies, savoury breads, birthday cakes, fudge and confectionary, coffee, milkshakes and sandwiches. Centrally located in Front St Mossman next to the newsagents, across the road from the state school, high school and on the corner from the local catholic school. Customers include Mossman sugar mill workers, tourists visiting nearby Mossman Gorge (365,000 visitors p/a) and Daintree World Heritage area, grey nomads and many loyal local residents.
The wholesale bread and roll sales make up approx 40% of the business with deliveries 7 days a week to Port Douglas and 2 days a week over the Daintree River to Cape Tribulation. Between 27-37 customers are invoiced bi-monthly, many with daily deliveries. Wholesale customers include Quicksilver Cruises, Sheraton Grand Mirage Port Douglas, Sea Temple Port Douglas, local schools and many, many cafes.
The premises features plenty of kitchen space, storage space, an office, walk in coolroom, walk in freezer and all equipment unencumbered. The non-corporate landlord is very reasonable and rent is cheap with no outgoings to pay. A well maintained 2010 Hyundai iload delivery van is included in sale.
Current owners have been in the business almost 10 years and as per their plan, it is time to move on. Owners are prepared to provide training at handover if required.
• Ideal family/partnership business
• Total gross turnover more than $500,000 p/a
• Consistent performer
• Established 17 years
• Weekly rent is $515.00
• Premises total floor space is 148 sq m and includes large bakehouse.
• No corporate landlord, franchise fees, rates, water, or body corp fees
• Seats 14 inside air conditioned and 11 outside undercover
• Shop open 5.5 days a week
• Shop closes for annual holiday 2-3 weeks a year in Dec/Jan
• Wholesale continues 364 days a year.
• Demand is here to explore specialty/wedding cakes, artisan breads, wholefoods
• Includes extensive inventory of fully owned equipment
• Nothing to do - start making money the day you take over
Asking $285,000 plus SAV (approx $4000)
Price: $ 285,000.00
Stock Value: $ 4,000.00 to $ 5,000.00
Net Profit: Upon application
Turnover: $ 500,000.00 approx
Plant Value: $ 260,000.00 approx
Accounting Figures FY: Yes
Lease Terms: to be negotiated
Rented Area: 148 sqm
Trading Hours: 7.30am - 4pm Mon-Fri, 7.30-1pm Sat
|Floor Area||Ask Business Broker|
|Parking||Ask Business Broker|
|Annual return||Ask Business Broker|
|Last updated||2 Aug 2019|