Retail business for sale in Sanctuary Point
- Sanctuary Point NSW 2540
- $259,000 + SAV
Newsagency- Lotteries & Lotto- Potential for expanding Giftware Division - Huge Growth Prospects for an Entrepreneurial New Owner - only $259,000 plus SAV
Sanctuary Point is a picturesque town only two-and-a-half hours from Sydney. It is located on the shores of the idyllic St Georges Basin which is a major inland sea only 5 kms from the Pacific Ocean. This is an extremely fast-growing region of southern NSW with a growing population and is a very popular weekend fishing, sailing and surfing destination and tourist accommodation is fully booked during the main holiday periods throughout the year.
The newsagency is situated in the entrance of a shopping mall and opposite the car park which attracts a lot of foot-traffic as shoppers move to other retail outlets in their daily routine. The business is fully-functional with a two-owner set- up, however one current owner works only part time. The business has re-invented itself by displaying many gifts within their card section thus creating a department of Social Expression which is suitable to the area and is proving extremely popular and could easily be expanded.
The current owners are selling as they want to build and develop a house on acreage for their retirement.
The newsagency has been at this location for many years and has built a core base of regular clientele. The location suits the “quick-duck-in-and-get-it” customer such as the tradies as well as the “take-your-time” browsing consumer.
The current owners have also redeveloped the front counter serving and display area with the latest
Generation One Retail Image for “The Lott” – the NSW Franchise for in- store ticket sales.
- Excellent Lotto from early morning and continuing steadily throughout the day
- Very low rent of just $36k or approximately $700 per week
- Lotto and other commissions exceed $100K – leaving $65k pa surplus after rent. Other sales add handsomely to the gross profit
- Opens 5 full & 2 half days per week (closes Saturday1.30 p.m. & Sunday 12.30 p.m.).
- This is a tight-knit community balanced with retirees and new younger families as evidenced by the Bay and Basins Community Resources organisation. This is a non- profit Government community services organisation set-up in 1990 to support locals
- Current owners have been operating this business for 12 years. This presents the new owner the opportunity to apply a fresh approach to grow the business substantially
The Shoalhaven City is one of the fastest growing areas outside of Sydney. With the “new” Berry bi –pass saving 20 mins in drive time from Wollongong, get in early and ride the growth into your own retirement. Like the name Sanctuary Point, peace, tranquillity and comfort are immediate companions combine this with pleasant enthusiasm, possibly a few new ideas to “make it yours” and together with “theirs” you could have the best of everything.
This is a stunning and beautiful sea-change opportunity for a young family or for an older couple who just want to escape the hustle-and-bustle of the “rat-race”. There are many opportunities here and one look at the area of Sanctuary Point will enforce this view. Combine this with your natural enthusiasm, some new ideas to stamp your imprint on the business and make it yours. For more information, please call the number above TODAY for a confidential discussion
|Floor Area||Ask Business Broker|
|Parking||Ask Business Broker|
|Annual return||Ask Business Broker|
|Last updated||25 Mar 2019|