Newsagency business for sale in Ingleburn
- Ingleburn NSW 2565
- $720,000 Negotiable
2 x Locations- Ingleburn Newsagencies
• TWO locations included in the bustling heart of Ingleburn, ready to walk in and take over.
• Brand new modern fit-outs that are up to date with Lotto’s current image standards.
• Largest shop (200sq/m) has main street frontage, close to the train station and shops
• Second shop (100sq/m) in the new village centre, next to Coles and Pharmacy etc
• Profits from- Lotto commissions, Giftware, Magazines & Newspapers, Cards & Wrap,
Stationary, Phone Accessories, Cigarettes.
• Services offered- Opal, Parcel pickup, Western Union, Bill payments, Cash out facility.
• Loyal customer base in addition to lots of foot traffic
• Full training can be provided
• Selling due to personal health reasons. We’re ready to slow down and retire.
Based in a prime location on the main street of Ingleburn, the main newsagency is approximately 50mts from the train station, public transport, major banks and medical facilities, while the village store is next to Coles, the pharmacy, and numerous other stores. With over 2K people walking past each day, the numerous community events that happen in Ingleburn and the very busy Lotto days, the shops are kept busy ensuring a consistent and secure cash flow for the new owners, and over the years we have acquired a very loyal customer base.
Both shops are modern and up to date with Lotto image standards, which is 1 less cost for the new owners to worry about. Both have air conditioning and a big solar system for cheap power.
Our largest profit centre is Lotto commissions on almost $3.2 million/year in sales.
Next is our huge range of gifts for all occasions, ages and gender, then magazines and newspapers, cards and wrap.
We find that Opal card generates a huge traffic flow into the shop, and add on sales make them a great asset to have especially in the Oxford street location.
We also have a large range of novelty, phone accessories and cigarettes.
We have parcel pick up for the majors like Toll, Couriers Please, TNT and have Western Union and bill payments, as well as cash out facility.
With over $270.000 in lotto commissions and over $1 million sales of other lines this is a very powerful PURE CASH FLOW business that takes around $70,000 PER WEEK. All cash or card, no accounts.
*For further information, Call Chris on 0405 983 672
(you will be required to prove ability to finance to get more detailed accounts)
Shop 1 – 9 Oxford Rd, Ingleburn NSW 2565
Shop 2- Shop 17/100 Macquarie Rd, Ingleburn NSW 2565
Mon-Fri =6am to 6:30pm
Sat=7am to 4pm
Sun=7am to 1 pm
Mon-Sat=8:30am to 5pm
- Strong residential and commercial growth occuring now and much more over the next few years in Ingleburn, including multi-story offices, apartments and multi-story car parks to be built (strategic plans from Campbelltown Council are linked at bottom of page)
- Shop 1 has the option to sub lease a large upstairs office (160sq/m) therefore reducing costs. Approx 25k per year.
- Further increase online presence and advertising
- Utilise an online selling platform like Shopify for selling giftware
- Increase in trading hours
-Training by NSW Lotteries will be provided
-Full training by us will be provided to ensure a smooth transition
All skills can be learned and it’s very easy to run shops with newsagent specific point of sale system and up to date computers. The main inventory is maintained by suppliers on a sale or return basis
Main- 88K/year- current 4 year lease*
Village- 77K/year- current 3 year lease
*Can sub-lease upstairs office-25K/year
There are great, fully trained staff that can help run the store under management even while the owners are away.
The current owners are a couple and have been managing the stores themselves with 3-4 stable casual staff, with no entitlements owing.
Reason For Sale
After owning this family business for 24 years, the owners have decided it is time to retire after recent medical issues. They are ready to enjoy some well-earned time with family after working hard and building 2 successful business’ in Ingleburn.
It's time to pass this great business on to the next generation of younger tech savvy entrepreneurs who can capitalise on the growth that is coming to Ingleburn soon, and continue to provide great service to the people in our community.
Ingleburn Newsagency is the flagship store for the South Western suburbs and IS the largest in the surrounding areas, as well as having served the community for 50 years, with only 2 owners. It has won many trade awards for best in the west, as well as several ‘local business of the year’ awards.
It's as close as you can get to a recession proof business, with increasing populations ensuring a bright future for new owners.
|Floor Area||Ask Business Broker|
|Parking||Ask Business Broker|
|Annual return||Ask Business Broker|
|Last updated||18 Feb 2020|