1 Island Road, BOWEN QLD 4805
Expression of Interest
- PROPERTY DETAILS
- BUILDING DETAILS
Now you can view details about this building.
Click this tab to view!
- Hotel / Leisure
- Floor area:
- Return (PA):
- Land area:
- Energy Efficiency Rating:
- NABERS energy rating
- Property ID:
- Virtual Tour:
- View Tour
- 14 Oct 2016
CAMP ISLAND - PRIVATE ISLAND FOR SALE
RUN AS A COMMERCIAL VENTURE OR USE AS YOUR OWN HOLIDAY RETREAT
The leasehold property at Island Road, Camp Island is situated some three kilometres offshore of the Elliot River township in Abbot Bay, North Queensland and fifty four kilometres north of the town of Bowen. It also lies to the south of the picturesque Cape Upstart national park at the northern end of the Whitsunday Islands.Surrounded by beautiful fringing reefs alive with marine life, Camp Island consists of coral shores, a sandy beach and fifteen hectares of untouched national park with wild fauna and flora and a diverse wild life. The property comprises 24,800 square metres (2.48 hectares) of this idyllic location.
Primary boat access to the island is via the Elliot River just off the Bruce Highway, coupled with sea transfers from Brown. Proserpine and Townsville airports are approximately ninety minutes' drive away. Private planes can land in Bowen or alternatively the property can be accessed directly by helicopter from either Hamilton Island or Airlie Beach. Reliable mobile phone and internet coverage are available on the island. The property survived cyclone Yasi in 2011 without any damage. The buildings on the property are well constructed cabins suitable to all weather conditions.
The property possesses the following key features:
* Leasehold property (current fifty year lease expires on 31 December, 2038) that has been used by the current owners of twenty plus years as a private holiday retreat;
* The rental under the terms of the lease is $6,000 per quarter (approximately). Council rates are $2,000 per half year (approximately). Evidence of these charges are contained within the appendices of this document;
* Camp Island is also a fully approved resort and hence can be run as a commercial venture (i.e. fishing resort, wellness resort);
* The property consists of four ensuited cabins coupled with kitchen facilities and a central living/dining/entertaining area. It also has a caretaker's residence, pool and tennis court;
* Previously awarded the 'Architectural Society House of the Year';
* The cabins on the property are constructed out of brushed box hardwood and feature silky oak door frames and polished timber floors;
* Each spacious cabin (nestled just metres from the ocean) has an ensuite bathroom, large French doors and screens, ample built in storage, ceiling fans and is connected by undercover walkways to a main dining/living/kitchen area;
* The lounge, television and dining area features polished timber floor boards and French doors leading onto wide all round covered verandahs revealing incredible views of the ocean and surrounding landscape
* Contact exclusive marketing agent Keir Kreis 0423 313 499, for a full information memorandum and contract of sale
1 Bligh street, SydneyGrade A
Building AmenitiesAvg. rent (net):$800 - $1000Avg. outgoings:$162Vacancy rate:13.5%Data from Colliers Edge.For information click hereMajor TenantsNabers energyAdditional information
1 Island Road BOWEN