1 George Street, MAJORS CREEK NSW 2622
- PROPERTY DETAILS
- BUILDING DETAILS
Now you can view details about this building.
Click this tab to view!
- Hotel / Leisure
- Floor area:
- Return (PA):
- Land area:
- Energy Efficiency Rating:
- NABERS energy rating
- Property ID:
- Virtual Tour:
- View Tour
- 16 Oct 2016
Historic Country Pub & Business
SEEKING OFFERS IN EXCESS OF $650,000
ELRINGTON HOTEL AT MAJORS CREEK, NEAR BRAIDWOOD.
STEADY ESTABLISHED BUSINESS.
3 PARCELS OF LAND
HOSTS POPULAR MUSIC FESTIVAL
Elrington Hotel aka Majors Creek Hotel, Majors Creek Pub
Build in 1914 comprised of one level, stone foundations, fibro walls, corrugated iron roof, bullnose verandah, pressed metal ceilings. Property consists of 3 parcels of land.
• The hotel was named after Major William Sandys Elrington a merchant naval officer who was granted land outside of Braidwood at Farringdon. Majors Creek was named after him as was the Hotel, located in the Parish of Elrington.
• Majors Creek boomed during the gold rush of the late 1800's. Dargues Reef was the richest alluvial gold field in NSW.
• Dargues Reef Mine has been approved for construction but there are some problems with where to process the ore preventing it from commencing.
• The famous stonemason Peter Rusconi built the Majors Creek Bridge and the Majors Creek St Stephens Church.
• The original hotel was located in the Horse Paddock and was a timber building built in 1856 that was replaced by the current Hotel and eventually fell down.
• The current hotel was built in 1914 by the Thomson Bros.
• Due to the passing of two major landholders in Majors Creek there has been a lot of subdivision resulting in significant population growth in the village over the past ten years. This is also typical of the region.
• Strong reliable local/regular trade made up of middle class young families, retirees, tradesman, rural workers, farmers, artists and musicians. Demographic 25-70yo.
• Lots of passers by chasing family history due to the huge population during the Gold Rush
• Lots of groups who holiday on nearby properties
• Not located on a main road but located on a fairly well travelled back road from Queanbeyan through Captains Flat, Majors Creek, Araluen to Moruya.
• Lots of group accommodation bookings from motorbikes (road bikes and dirt bikes) and pushbikes
• Due to the mine and growth in residential housing there are regular accommodation bookings for workers/tradesmen
• Regular bus and car club groups for lunch, weekdays by appointment and weekends.
• No website and no main road signage so rely on word of mouth
• Strong local fire brigade and progress association - both groups hold meetings at the Hotel
• Peak periods of trade 4-8pm Sun-Thur, 4-10pm Fri-Sat
• Potential for much busier days with the provision of meals
• Customers like the "traditional pub" feel and like that there are no pokies
For further information contact Gregory May 0411 723 470 or Daniel Krobot 0411 215 339.
1 Bligh street, SydneyGrade A
Building AmenitiesAvg. rent (net):$800 - $1000Avg. outgoings:$162Vacancy rate:13.5%Data from Colliers Edge.For information click hereMajor TenantsNabers energyAdditional information
1 George Street MAJORS CREEK